Friday, March 25, 2011

2010 National Dance Champions

Since a lot of people were reporting on college dance teams or groups that incorporate a variety styles and steps, I thought people would like to see the nationals routine that the University of California did to win the national championship. Its interesting to see how their formations are both unified and singular in formation, allowing the dancers to feel like they are a part of a unit but have their own individual style to it. It's a really interesting routine and I think you'll all like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb57YuzBA2U

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Christina!

    That was a great video and I loved the dance! I agree with your observation that it was interesting how they were unified yet each had their own twist on the movements. They were definitely in sync throughout the routine, and I noticed them using breath to stay together, especially during turn sequences. I also really liked the circle formation at the beginning-I love using circles in choreography because there is so much that can be done, especially when more than one circle is used. All around, I thought that was a great routine showcasing their talent. You can tell how much rehearsal was put into making sure they stayed together and completed each move fully, and they looked like they were having fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been intrigued by dance teams. My dance school was definitely not one where people went to compete. We would just go after school and basically hang out with our friends. I do not feel like I missed out on a great opportunity, but our dances were never quite as crisp as they could have been.

    As a result, I find it so interesting to watch competitive dances where everyone is so together.

    ReplyDelete