Friday, March 25, 2011

Just Dance

A few weeks ago, my friends bought Just Dance for Wii. I had heard about the game before, but I had never played it. Naturally, when I found out they had it, I wanted to try it out for myself. The game is very interesting and pretty much what I expected. You receive your points based on holding the controller at the right position for each song.

So basically, you hold the controller in your right hand and you just follow the dance moves on the screen to the best of your ability. The thing that confused me was the fact that it really didn't matter what moves you were doing as long as your right hand was in the correct vicinity. People that would try to do the actual moves would get lower scores than people who just flailed their right arm around.

Not only was this game fun, but it was also a workout. If you do each dance out full, you will be sweating by the end.

Here is a link of one of the dances. If you feel the urge you can try it out at home! (even without the wii controller.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4QY4Ls6rP0

I'm interested in seeing how the game Dance Central works on the Xbox Kinect where it senses what your body is doing without a controller.

1 comment:

  1. I think Just Dance Wii and other types of Wii dance games are a great idea. Today, there is so much criticism towards video game companies for taking away children’s desire to want to physically play and have fun, but the Wii provides a good opportunity for kids to get physical and workout, while also having fun. Dance games provide a good way for kids to not only workout, but also learn about some cultural aspects of dance by learning new dances and new steps, just like we learn about in our class.

    ReplyDelete