Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dancing with the Stars

Now, I will admit Dancing with the Stars is not one of the shows that I typically watch. But, recently I happen to flip through the channels and watch for a little to see celebrities Kendra Wilkinson and Kirstie Alley.

I was quite impressed with Alley in particular. She receives a lot of flack for her weight in the media, and here she was trying her hardest to compete. And, from the judges she received total praise. And, while I watched the pride she felt for successfully completing the dance, I was very impressed.

After watching I began to do a bit of research on the show and came across several news articles. Here is a link to one of the most recent ones I saw on MTV.com.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660835/ralph-macchio-dancing-with-the-stars.jhtml

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the show (A little embarrassed to admit it) and I too was surprised by Kirstie Alley. Coming into this season I thought that Kendra would be one of the front-runners just because of her past but it many ways Kirstie was better than her, the judges scored definitely showed that. I think this says a lot about our recent discussion about dancing and body image. Kirstie is a perfect example of a heavier dancer and I look forward to seeing how she does on the show and if this changes peoples perceptions on dancing and body image.

    ReplyDelete