Friday, March 25, 2011

Yes Dance

I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but it recently came up on my newsfeed on Facebook. After watching it for the 90th time, I decided to check out who the guy behind the video was.

First, a link to the dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqUj3PGHv4

Now, how many of you have seen Step Up 2?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGfUBwquHlw

Yup, the guy behind the Yes Dance is the same guy who was Chase in Step Up 2, Justin in She's the Man, and other movies. It completely blew my mind that a guy with a background in hip hop would also be the guy behind a flamboyant viral video.

I think it's interesting to see how pop culture gets many attributes from dance. We have all seen viral videos of flash mobs, dances mimicking celebrity music videos, or other dance videos, and these have all influenced pop culture in some way or another.

1 comment:

  1. I think the concept of viral video is so interesting! I know it is something we will be focusing on in our next assignment, but it is such a strange phenomenon why some videos catch on and not others. And, how really a normal person can grow to be virtually famous.

    ReplyDelete