Thursday, May 5, 2011

Finding New Dance Music

I personally do not have the patience to just search through youtube and find music. I usually rely on other people to send me music or tell me about it. I also find a lot of music from looking on peoples facebook pages. I realized though this leaves me listening to the same songs until someone gives me another one or I stumble across one on a friends page. I decided in the summer to start looking at some sites that list new music that comes out or the top tracks across the world. Its great because now I constantly have new music and at a party I can suggest a song no one has hears and get them to start dancing. Here is an example of the type of site I am talking about:

http://tophousemusicblog.com/

1 comment:

  1. finding good new house tracks is very different then any other genre. In most genres, fans rely on blogs, music new websites, and aggregators like hypem to get their music. Electronic artists have beatport to sell their tracks which is exclusive to house music. This centralizes the flow of all new releases in every sub genre of house. the top ten change pretty quickly because the site traffic is significantly lower then out digital music retailers like itunes. This has made beatport one of the best places for music discovery in the house genre. for unofficial remixes, fans must still rely on blog though

    ReplyDelete