Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Milky Way v The Jerk

We have spoken in class about how edm has no specific way to dance to it. However it has come to my attention that there are electro dances that are rapidly increasing in popularity, specifically in Europe. The milky way is a form of electro dance. It has quick sharp movements that mimic the 42thafloor beat. I was looking at electro dance videos on YouTube and I came across this video that compares it with The Jerk. Both dance styles have similar moves but use very different music. Check out the similarities in this dance off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6XYa9oegc&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting! I've heard of the Jerk before and thought the moves were pretty cool, especially the reject. I never heard of the Milky Way, but it seems difficult. It's as if you need a lot of stamina to constantly be moving to a fast paced beat.

    ReplyDelete