Thursday, May 5, 2011

WestFest Dance Festival

The WestFest Dance Festival just happened in New York City on a rooftop. The festival was hosted by Westbeth Center for the Arts. I thought it was really interesting how the performance happened. There were many groups that did their own dances focused on one thing or concept. Here is an article describing the festival. It would be a really cool thing to attend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/arts/dance/westfest-dance-festival-animates-westbeth-review.html?ref=dance

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat! I want to attend that event someday. It sounds fascinating! I like how there were performances throughout the complex, it's definitely a step away from dancing on the conventional stage or open area. I wonder how a group managed to actually in the stairwell though. I'm particularly interested in the idea that some of the dancers used their dance to create visual art, now that sounds cool! I want to see that. This is a great article, thanks for sharing it! It's now on my list of things to see in NYC someday.

    ReplyDelete