Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vanessa Carlton "White Houses"

I know the song "White Houses" is old, but I really love this music video. It showcases Vanessa Carlton's main talents, which is dancing and piano playing. She was accepted to the American School of Ballet, but chose a career in music instead.

The movements throughout the piece make the video fun. Even though I quit dance at age 9, this video makes me want to learn some of the choreography, but don't worry, I won't even attempt to try.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3fEJyPrrg

Are there any other music videos with dance sequences that you admire?

1 comment:

  1. My dance instructor and inspiration danced to "White Houses" as her senior dance back in 2005. It moved the audience to tears watching her dance to it. I've loved that song ever since and though I'm biased and prefer my instructor's choreography over the dance in the music video, I still love the music video.

    Though I'm sure it doesn't count, since it's footage from a movie, my favorite music video dance sequence is the sequence seen in the music video for the song "What a Feeling" for the movie Flashdance. I can watch that video over and over.

    ReplyDelete