Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dance Movies

I was recently shown this video that includes clips from numerous dancing videos to the Footloose soundtrack. Since we're going to look at popular dance movies, I thought this fit perfectly!


Besides having the clips cut very well so they look choreographed to Footloose, this video reminded me that dancing appears all the time in popular culture. Dances have appeared in movies for decades, and they are commonly the most remembered sections and the music becomes popular that everyone can sing to. I've never really thought before how important dance is to American society; people love watching it for its entertainment value and idolize and try to imitate famous dancers and famous dancing scenes. This has probably contributed to the numerous parodies now found on YouTube as everyone wants to be popular.

What are your thoughts on this? Enjoy the video :-)

1 comment:

  1. Dance movies are actually one of my favorite types of movies. I especially love when Broadway shows are made into Hollywood films. (Like Footloose for example) Since I used to dance every day when I was younger, watching movies focused around dance gives me this sudden feeling of wanting to get back into it. Like how much fun would it be to join a dance class again? Unfortunately, that feeling never lasts long enough for me to actually sign up. So I stick to just watching the dance movies over and over... and over again.

    ReplyDelete