Sunday, April 3, 2011

The European Dougie

I had a foreign exchange student from belgium living with me and my family during my senior year of high school. He introduced me to many things including waffles, David Guetta, and this sweet dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2keyIEof038

I'd say this is the equivalent of "the dougie" in Belgium. Everyone knows the dance style and most can perform it. If you look at the related videos you will see many other tutorials or home videos of people performing "tecktonik" with their own twist. Thought this would be fun to pass along...


2 comments:

  1. Drew! I just watched this video. It just goes to show you how worldly dance is. It can truly be converted to any nationality and look the same. This dance video definitely reminds me of "the dougie" with a little club/house feel to it.

    I wonder what a spanish or french version might look like? I think we would find the same pattern because dance is so universal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so interesting to look at dances through different cultures. It is so cool that you got to see a popular dance here int he U.S. from a different perspective. And I agree I totally wonder what the same dance in French or Spanish might look like.

    ReplyDelete