Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just in Time for the Royal Wedding...

So I found a small gem hidden deep within the sea that is the internet. Prince Charles was filmed attempting to breakdance in a club back in January of this year. You can click here to watch him break it down.

It's only about a minute, but I found it entertaining to know that the Royal Family is into 'staying hip' or something like that.

Also!~

The other day, we studied Flash Mobs and improvisational flash mobbing. We watched the T-Mobile London airport video, well they decided to follow up with a spoof of the Royal Wedding happening tomorrow. Much like the famous JK Wedding with its musical dance introduction, T-Mobile has decided to find some look alike actors to portray William and Kate's wedding if they had done the same. It's really a lot of fun to watch. You can click here to watch that one as well.

Arguably, this technically isn't American culture, but a lot of Americans are paying attention to the Royal Wedding and it's interesting to see how many news platforms are concentrating on the Royal Family right now - calling the wedding the "Wedding of the Century." It's also interesting to see how companies are taking viral videos (I notice particularly with dancing in them) and making their own commercials based off of these as a form of advertising.

2 comments:

  1. I knew someone was going to beat me to the T-Mobile Royal Wedding commercial. I saw it earlier and thought is was fantastic (except for the dress...blah). I really like how dance is being incorporated into advertising. I think it really promotes dance along with the product that the ad is trying to sell. Hopefully, it will motivate more people to start dancing, even just a little bit.

    The fun, wedding aisle dance videos are really enjoyable to watch and really grabs people's attention since it's a step away from tradition. They're definitely unique. I don't think I'll be bold enough to dance down the aisle in my wedding someday, but if I ever see it happen, I won't mind. It's really a unique and fun twist on weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these videos!

    I think they did an awesome job at finding doppelgangers for everyone in the royal family. Also, it looks almost identical to the inside of Westminster Abbey, so if they were able to actually film inside, that makes it all the better.

    Also, I love how awkward Charles was. There is a video of Prince William dancing at the concert they threw in honor of Diana a few years ago. I think it's clear where William got his moves from.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLKlVBRWUg

    ReplyDelete