Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Interview with Cat Deeley from SYTYCD

On May 26, Season 8 of So You Think You Can Dance will premiere on FOX! I couldn't be more excited to start watching the eighth season. Every season pumps out amazing dancers and I can't wait to see who else they will find in the different cities.

I found this interview with Cat Deeley from Buddytv.com: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/so-you-think-you-can-dance/cat-deeley-talks-about-so-you-40103.aspx Take a look! It gives a great preview and lets you into the hosts opinion of the show.

I liked reading her take on the show! I was excited to find out that Mary Murphy will return to the judges table. She's always a great addition to the judge's panel and gives great insight on ballroom dancing.

Do you guys watch So You Think You Can Dance? What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. As someone that doesn't have dancing experience, I think SYTYCD is the closest I get to understanding the dance world. I love the show, I love its variety and I love the fact that they try to introduce new genres each season.

    I missed Mary as a judge last season, but I'm glad she'll be back too. My biggest question is whether or not Nigel Lythgoe will let Alex Wong come back to compete because of his injury last season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you Alex, I absolutely love So You Think You Can Dance-it's the one show on tv I make sure to watch, and I love how it's on during the summer so I don't have to deal with school!! I love getting to know the dancers and following their progression throughout the season. It's also a great being able to watch a variety of dance styles!!

    The interview with Cat was interesting. While sometimes I think she's a bit much, she overall is a great host who forms a connection with the dancers, helping share their stories.

    I am excited to hear Mary's commentary again, when she's not over the top, but I agree that she is very knowledgeable about ballroom technique. I also like how there is always a guest judge, so there is constantly a new perspective to help the dancers progress and grow.

    Rhiannon, I'm not sure what's going to happen with Alex. I agree he was amazing last year but I guess it depends who else shows up and how his injury has progressed since it was major!

    ReplyDelete